Chris Rhea, RG, LG
Chris Rhea is an environmental geologist and project manager with more than 14 years of professional consulting experience in the Pacific Northwest. Chris conducts day-to-day planning, coordination, reporting and management of environmental projects. He has managed a wide range of projects from due diligence to investigation and remediation through regulatory closure. His experience includes an array of sites ranging from bulk/retail fuel facilities to wildlife refuges, and from landfills to industrial brownfields properties. He is highly organized and excels at collaborating with clients and regulators to identify and achieve project goals.
- Manages the investigation and cleanup of contaminated sites across the Pacific Northwest that were impacted by petroleum hydrocarbons, chlorinated solvents, dioxins, PCBs, and metals.
- Coordinates Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, remedial investigation/feasibility studies, remedial action implementation, and long-term groundwater monitoring and mapping. Based on this experience, Chris routinely performs third party technical review of environmental work conducted by others.
- Implements and oversees the operations of various soil and groundwater treatment systems, performs aquifer pumping tests and analyses, and has assisted in the design and installation of low-temperature geothermal systems.
- B.S., Geological Sciences, University of Texas at Austin
Professional Registrations & Certifications
- Oregon Registered Geologist (#G2293)
- Washington Licensed Geologist (#3005)
- Oregon Certified Water Rights Examiner (#86425)
- Oregon UST Decommissioning Supervisor (#27166)
- Oregon Heating Oil Tank Supervisor (#26603)
- Washington Department of Ecology Registered Site Assessor (#8195568)
- HAZWOPER 40-hour Training
Industry Affiliations & Activities
- National Groundwater Association, Member