Steve Wesley, PE, LHG
Environmental Engineer & Hydrogeologist
Steve is a creative and practical Professional Engineer and Licensed Hydrogeologist with over 20 years of direct experience working with industry, government, and large engineering teams in design, construction, and operation of environmental remediation systems. Steve’s engineering focus includes environmental remediation system design, construction and operations, modeling of groundwater flow, hydrology, and contaminant fate and transport, and stormwater and utility system design.
Steve has conducted numerous feasibility studies and designed, constructed, and operated soil and groundwater treatment systems utilizing a range of technologies (SVE, air sparging, in situ bioremediation, groundwater pump and treat, and hydraulic barriers) for a wide variety of organic and inorganic contaminants and site-specific conditions. Steve’s modeling experience includes developing, executing, and interpreting simulations of groundwater and surface water flow using a variety of models. This modeling work supports hydrogeologic testing and analysis; contaminant fate and transport evaluation; site investigation and characterization; and remedial design, performance assessment, and cost analyses.
- Remediation System Design and Operations: Evaluate treatment technologies, prepare design plans, specifications, and cost estimates for pilot, interim-action, and full-scale remediation of contaminated soil, groundwater, subsurface vapor/landfill gas, and sediments. Build, maintain and troubleshoot operating mechanical systems.
- Groundwater Modeling: Develop two- and three-dimensional groundwater fate and transport modeling, prepare capture zone and groundwater circulation well analyses, contaminant attenuation estimates, in- situ bioremediation evaluation, and alternative costing analyses. Develop conceptual site groundwater flow models to evaluate localized aquifer response, drawdown and zone of influence for aquifer testing and construction dewatering evaluation.
- Stormwater Treatment System Design, Permitting, Operations: Work closely with project team (facility and public works and engineering departments, utilities, and adjacent property owners as necessary) to develop stormwater modeling, analysis, calculations, design, and permitting in support of stormwater BMPs, drainage planning, and construction.
- MS, Environmental Engineering, Graduate Certificate Hydrology, Portland State University
- BS, Environmental Remediation & Hazardous Materials Management, Concordia University
- AAS, Environmental, Safety, and Hazardous Materials Management, Mt. Hood Community College
- BS, Sociology, University of Oregon
- AAS, Computer & General Science, Mt. Hood Community College
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Oregon Professional Engineer (#72205PE)
- Washington Professional Engineer (#40951)
- Washington Licensed Hydrogeologist (#1185)
- OSHA HAZWOPER (40-hour) Certification and (12-hour) Site Safety Coordinator
- Field Safety Officer and CPR-First Aid Certified
INDUSTRY AFFILIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Member
- National Groundwater Association, Member
- American Water Works Association
- American Institute of Hydrology