Pierce is a 2018 graduate from Portland State University with a Bachelor of Science in Geology. His experience includes environmental sampling, groundwater monitoring projects, vapor intrusion assessment, and soil remediation. Field experience throughout Oregon and Washington includes sampling of groundwater, soil, soil vapors, indoor and outdoor air, and vapor emissions, UST decommissioning, heavy machinery operation, and operations and maintenance of chemical and mechanical remediation systems.
- Participates in remedial investigation activities at active and former retail and bulk petroleum facilities, including groundwater monitoring of well networks.
- Supports remediation field efforts at petroleum sites, including oversight of surfactant flushing and compliance groundwater monitoring for remedy efficacy.
- Has conducted initial and remedial investigation of petroleum-contaminated groundwater and soil at diesel/heating oil UST sites.
- B.S., Geology, Portland State University
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Oregon Heating Oil Tank Supervisor License (#27320)
- AUI Confined Space Certified
- HAZWOPER 40-hour Training
INDUSTRY AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- Geological Society of America, Member