Paul Ecker, RG, LHG
Paul Ecker has over 20 years’ experience as an environmental consultant. Prior to founding EES in 2012, Mr. Ecker was employed as a senior project manager at PNG Environmental since 1999, and was a partner in that firm since 2003. He has managed numerous contaminant investigations across Oregon and the Pacific Northwest evaluating both uplands and in-water sites in the context of various local, state, and federal regulatory criteria. He has directed and evaluated risk assessments for a broad range of exposure scenarios, managed and closed long-term remediation projects involving both organic and inorganic contaminants, and conducted numerous third-party technical reviews analyzing the reasonableness of approach, scope, and budget regarding environmental work conducted by other firms.
Many of Mr. Ecker’s current and past projects have been conducted as part of voluntary agreements and in cooperation with regulatory agencies including the U.S. EPA, Washington Department of Ecology, and the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality.
Mr. Ecker’s work emphasizes development of project goals and strategies, analysis of project needs and data gaps in the context of regulatory guidance, and integration of complex technical details in a manner that evaluates key aspects and implications in verbal presentation and well-written documentation.
- Directs and has obtained regulatory closure at numerous subsurface and remedial investigations and cleanups across Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. His project experience includes work at industrial and high-tech manufacturing facilities, metal plating facilities and foundries, former lumber mills and wood treating operations, retail fueling stations, petroleum terminals, redevelopment properties, marinas, and residential, commercial, and office properties.
- Provides third-party review and technical support on environmental projects related to a range of contaminant types. This work emphasizes the nature and timing of historical releases, fate and transport of contaminants, technical quality of site investigation and remedial efforts in the context of applicable regulatory criteria, reasonableness of incurred/projected costs, and cost allocation.
- Performed numerous Phase I ESAs and other due-diligence inquiries for a variety of property types and a broad range of clients including lenders,legal firms, business owners, heavy industry, high-tech manufacturing, private developers and community development organizations, and architects. Between 1991 and 1998, Mr. Ecker was a manager in the Phase I ESA group at the Portland office of a national environmental firm, and served as national project coordinator and contract manager for general service agreements with various major banks and managed work for various public agencies.
- B.S., Geology, Brown University, 1990
- B.A., English Literature, Brown University, 1990
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
- Oregon Registered Professional Geologist (#G1321)
- Washington Registered Professional Geologist & Hydrogeologist (#693)
- Washington Dept. of Ecology Registered Site Assessor (ICC #879397)
- Association of Engineering Geologists
- Geological Society of America
- Oregon Association of Environmental Professionals
- Northwest Environmental Business Council
- National Groundwater Association
Mr. Ecker has authored and delivered presentations on environmental cleanup and management at local and national conferences.