Daniele Biane Peters, EI
Daniele is an Oregon-enrolled Engineering Intern with over three years’ experience in environmental engineering. Her experience focuses on technical aspects of environmental cleanup, including technology screening, remedial system design, cost estimating, equipment sourcing, systems installation, operations and maintenance, permitting, contractor management, and other related implementation actions. Much of the work conducted by Daniele involves data tracking, written communications, and technical report preparation such as Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, and Remedial Investigation reports. Additional project work includes air discharge and underground injection control permitting, preparing technical reports and monitoring documentation, and developing informative and easy-to-read graphical summary documents that rely on detailed calculations and databases.
Daniele’s field experience focuses on remedial investigations, vapor intrusion and air quality investigation, permit compliance monitoring activities, and construction, operation, and long-term maintenance of chemical and mechanical remediation systems.
- Conducts operations and maintenance of remediation systems, including ozone, air, and hydrogen peroxide groundwater sparging and soil vapor extraction systems.
- Coordinated and implemented aquifer testing, treatment well installation, surfactant flushing, bioremediation injection, and remediation waste treatment/management activities to address a relatively large and highly contaminated hydrocarbon plume in an urban setting.
- Implemented in-situ chemical oxidant (persulfate) treatment activities at various organic contaminant sites in Oregon and Washington.
- Conducts sampling and evaluation of subsurface soil, soil vapor, groundwater, sediments, and ambient indoor and outdoor air, to determine nature and extent of contamination.
- Performs groundwater monitoring and sampling and well installation at petroleum-contaminated and free-product (LNAPL) sites for long-term investigation, compliance inquiry, and contaminant characterization.
- Performed water quality analysis of portions of the lower Willamette River: selected samples, performed statistical analyses, interpolated missing data, solved and uncovered errors associated with readings from an atomic absorption spectrometer, prepared technical documents, and submitted a final report of findings and recommendations for pollution control and river remediation techniques.
- B.S., Environmental Engineering, Portland State University
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- State of Oregon Fundamentals of Engineering (Engineering Intern) Enrollment
- Washington Department of Ecology Registered Site Assessor
- HAZWOPER 40-hour Training
INDUSTRY AFFILIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Member
- National Groundwater Association, Member
- ITRC Industry Affiliates Program for Optimizing In Situ Remediation Performance & Injection Strategies, Member