Chris Rhea, RG, LG, CWRE
Chris Rhea is an environmental geologist and project manager with professional consulting experience in the Portland area since 2005. He implements and manages a wide range of projects from environmental due diligence to investigation and remediation through project closure including cost estimating, proposal development, field activities, and technical reporting. He is highly organized and excels at partnering with clients and regulators to achieve successful outcomes.
Chris has served as the project manager or technical lead in Phase I and II ESAs; remedial investigation/feasibility studies; remedial action implementation; long-term groundwater monitoring and mapping; and UST decommissioning. He has also aided in groundwater pumping tests and analyses; design and installation of low-temperature geothermal systems, as well as implementation of soil and groundwater treatment systems.
- Manages and conducts environmental field investigations to characterize the nature and extent of environmental contaminants in soil, sediment, groundwater, stormwater, and soil gas. His project experience ranges from bulk/retail gas operations to wildlife refuges, and from highway corridors to industrial brownfields properties.
- Participates in development and implementation of feasibility studies and follow-up remedial action oversight.
- Conducts Phase I ESAs and hazardous materials assessments, including lead and asbestos surveys.
- Has provided emergency on-call environmental services to the Washington Department of Ecology and Oregon Department of Environmental Quality in response to large scale environmental cleanup events. His response duties have included the preparation of sampling and analysis plans and sampling implementation for the purposes of waste characterization, worker safety, and environmental protection.
- Provided third party oversight for Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) during Superfund Cleanup projects.
- Served as technical lead in multi-faceted GPS/GIS analyses on several projects.
- B.S., Geological Sciences, University of Texas at Austin, 2005
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
- Oregon Registered Professional Geologist (#G2293)
- Washington Registered Professional Geologist (pending)
- Oregon Certified Water Rights Examiner (#86425)
- Oregon DEQ Soil Matrix Cleanup Supervisor (#11503)
- Washington DOE Registered Site Assessor (#8195568)
- OSHA Hazardous Materials Training (40-hr)
- Certified AHERA Asbestos Inspector
- Lead-Based Paint Inspector, Oregon
- Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists
- Geological Society of America
- National Groundwater Association